IT IS TIME TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Addiction may be a symptom of much deeper issues such as unresolved fear and personal secrets leading to lifelong feelings of guilt and shame.
Please answer a few simple questions:
- Do you feel stuck living a lifestyle you are unable to change on your own?
- Do you use a substance and/or behavior to help you cope with life or "numb out" from the pain of the past?
- Do your family or friends believe you have a "problem" with a particular substance and/or behavior?
- Is the use of a substance and/or behavior causing health issues you did not experience in the past?
- Are you afraid of the future if you do not make a change now?
- Does it hurt too much to stay the same?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may benefit from psychotherapy.
Psychotherapy can help to break through the denial, blame and manipulation often associated with addiction. Individual, couples/family therapy is available in a private office setting. I hope you will consider seeking support in your recovery.
If you love someone who is struggling with addiction, help is available for you too.
I believe that acknowledging and understanding our fears
may be the first step in healing.
Susan Rigney, MA
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFC 47547)
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC 556)